Over 200M Americans consider themselves avid sports fans, yet there are only 3.2M full season ticket equivalents purchased each year amongst the big four professional leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL)
This represents a huge gap between fans wanting to support their team(s) and consume content and those that are actually able to do it live and in person.
Factoring in college athletics and the numerous other professional leagues here or abroad (MLS, Minor League Baseball, International Soccer, Rugby, Cricket), the gap is even larger.
VHere wants to target the millions of fans that can’t consistently make it to games and the fans that want even more access to their favorite teams (e.g., in the locker room, in the huddle, practices). By using 360 degree video content, immersive experiences can be created for those fans that give them the sense of being there virtually, without actually being there.
Major broadcasters may own the rights to the live game action, but there is much more beyond the game fans will want to experience that we believe can be monetized by organizations.
With the significant advances in virtual reality, this technology is the perfect platform for organizations to strengthen customer engagement. While still in the early stages, the future potential of VR will be very lucrative. Consider the following projections:
- 500M VR headsets could be sold by 2025 (Piper Jaffray)
- Over 1M hours of video have already been watched on the Samsung Gear VR (Facebook)
- Nearly 1.3 million people subscribe to the YouTube 360 channel (Google)
- 28 million people could be paying for VR hardware and content by 2018 (KZero)
We provide an end-to-end solution that enables our clients to develop truly immersive, seamless video experiences where the viewer feels present in the environment. We offer the following services:
- Video editing and packaging
- Content distribution
- Marketing & monetization strategy
- VR content conceptualization and story-boarding
- 360 degree video capture and stitching
Our Competitive Advantage: With over 50 years of combined experience in sports & entertainment, we have a deep understanding of customer behavior and can help you craft the right story to better engage your fan base. We are a nimble and agile agency that can help you develop your content on time and under budget.
- CSN Bay Area: "Virtual Season Tickets poised to change sports world"
- Mercury News: "Warriors season opener a testing ground for virtual reality technology"
- Fox Business: "MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred: Virtual Reality is Next Big Sports Tech"
- BBC: "Oculus Rift: How will virtual reality change watching and playing sport?"